Let’s face it…the clay soil in North Carolina is less than desirable. Want to change the soil structure where you have grass? Top dress with certified compost.
Top dressing helps with leveling the turf area. Many new construction homes have been poorly graded and the sod has been rolled out onto the hard compacted clay. If you have an uneven lawn and your main concern is to help with the overall grade, we can bring a 50/50 blend of compost and sand. Sand helps with the leveling better than straight compost so we bring a 50/50 blend to get the benefits of both.
Here is a list of benefits to topdressing your lawn with compost:
- Reduces irrigation requirements up to 50%
- Reduces storm water runoff up to 50%
- Reduces pollutant loads in storm water runoff
- Improves percolation for better drainage
- Holds more nutrients at the root zone
- Improves nutrient uptake
- Reduces compaction for better root development
Contact Form - Home
"*" indicates required fields